Continuing Education Credits
If you will be claiming Continuing Medical Education (AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™) for ASM Microbe, an administrative fee of $50.00 is required at the time of registration. This fee is applicable ONLY to CME credits and no other forms of continuing education credits offered by ASM (e.g., P.A.C.E.®).
Continuing Medical Education Information
This activity is jointly provided by The France Foundation and the American Society for Microbiology (ASM).
Statement of Need
ASM Microbe 2022 showcases some of the best microbial science in the world, providing a one-of-a-kind forum to explore the complete spectrum of microbiology from basic science to translational, applied and clinical research. The meeting will be of interest to basic and applied researchers, clinical microbiologists, and infectious diseases practitioners. Current trends will be covered regarding:
- Antimicrobial Agents and Resistance
- Applied and Environmental Science
- Clinical Infections and Vaccines
- Clinical and Public Health Microbiology
- Ecology, Evolution and Biodiversity
- Host-Microbe Biology
- Molecular Biology and Physiology
- Profession of Microbiology
- Public Policy and Science
ASM Microbe 2022 is designed to meet the needs of professionals in the field of microbiology, across all disciplines, particularly clinical microbiologists, pathologists, researchers, pharmacists, physicians, and other health care professionals.
ASM Microbe Learning Objectives
Upon completion of ASM Microbe 2022, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss key updates in the areas of cellular, environmental, ecological, and evolutionary microbiology, microbial pathogenesis, and infectious diseases, applied and clinical microbiology, pharmacology, and microbiology education.
- Recognize and interpret new information regarding physiology, genetics, ecology, evolution, cell biology, and antimicrobial resistance of microbes.
- Synthesize new data on the roles of microbes in the environment, industrial and food science, health, and disease.
- Recognize new therapeutics and prevention strategies for infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance.
- Use new technologies, practices, and developments to improve epidemiology, research studies, and clinical practice.
- Promote multi-disciplinary dialogue and collaboration among clinicians and investigators.
Physicians: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The France Foundation and the American Society for Microbiology. The France Foundation is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Laboratory Science: ASM is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program.
Attendees of ASM Microbe 2022 will be able to claim up to 28.5 credits of the following types of credit:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) – AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ .
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) – All evaluations and credit requests should be submitted no later than 30 days after this live activity to ensure your credit fulfillment, as CE credit cannot be awarded past 60 days from the activity date by July 13, 2022.
- Professional Acknowledgment for Continuing Education (P.A.C.E.®) - (All ASM P.A.C.E.® accredited meeting activities must be claimed within 30 days of the presentation by July 13, 2022).
- California Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Certificate of Participation
When reviewing sessions in the various meeting resources, please look for the "CE Credit Available" to confirm if CE credits are being offered via the Itinerary Planner. Those sessions without this marking will not offer CE Credit.
The France Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 28.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Medical Association (AMA) has determined that physicians not licensed in the U.S. who participate in this CME activity are eligible for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
PharmacistsThe France Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education and will award 2.85 CEU to pharmacists who complete the activity and evaluation forms. There is no fee to participate in this activity. This is a knowledge-based educational activity. Your CE credits will be submitted electronically to the CPE Monitor. CE providers must upload participant information within 60 days from the date the participant completed the live activity. Please submit all evaluations and credit requests no later than 30 days after this live activity to ensure your credit fulfillment, as CE credit cannot be awarded past 60 days from the activity date. The sessions offering ACPE credit will be designated in the registration materials with a Universal Activity Number (UAN) and hours of credit.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 28.5 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 28.5 Lifelong Learning (CME) credit in the American Board of Pathology’s (ABPath) Continuing Certification program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABPath Lifelong Learning credit.
LaboratoryDiplomates of the American Board of Medical Microbiology and the American Board of Medical Laboratory Immunology, and Registrants of the National Registry of Certified Microbiologists who are MDs and DOs may earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™ toward recertification. All other Diplomates and Registrants may claim P.A.C.E. ®, CA or FL credits toward recertification. Professionals should claim credit commensurate with their level of participation in the activity.
Professional Acknowledgment for Continuing Education (P.A.C.E. ®) is an administrative system established to stimulate and serve as the quality assurance mechanism for continuing education programs offered to clinical laboratory professionals by ASCLS constituent societies, laboratory industry, government agencies, hospitals and educational organizations.
The American Society for Microbiology is accredited by the California Department of Health to offer continuing education for California Clinical Laboratory Personnel. All sessions designated for CME or P.A.C.E. ® credits will also qualify for California CE credits toward license renewal.
California Clinical Laboratory Personnel
The American Society for Microbiology is accredited by the Florida Department of Health to offer continuing education for Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel. All sessions designated for CME or P.A.C.E. ® credits will also qualify for Florida CE credits toward license renewal.
Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel
You may obtain a Participation Statement of Credit by completing the activity evaluation. This detailed statement documents your participation in the activity.
Other CE Licenses
Please note: To provide the best science to ASM Microbe 2022 attendees, if a conflict of interest is discovered during content validation, CE credit is not offered for that specific session. For more information regarding ACCME compliance issues, please visit their website.
Method of Participation/How to Receive Credit
- Review the activity objectives and CME/CE or PACE information.
- Participate in the CME/CE or PACE activity.
- Complete the CME/CE or PACE evaluation form, which provides each participant with the opportunity to comment on how participating in the activity will affect their professional practice; the quality of the instructional process; the perception of enhanced professional effectiveness; the perception of commercial bias; and his/her views on future educational needs.
- Credit documentation/reporting:
- If you are requesting AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ or a certificate of participation—your CME/CE certificate will be made available for download.
- If you are requesting ACPE pharmacy credit—your CE credits will be submitted electronically to the CPE Monitor.
- If you are requesting ABIM or ABPath MOC credit, your credit will be uploaded to the ACCME.
- If you are requesting PACE credit, your credit will be uploaded to PACE.
Activity Staff DisclosuresThe planners, reviewers, editors, staff, CME committee, or other members at The France Foundation and the American Society of Microbiology who control content have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
View the ASM Microbe 2022 Program Committee Disclosures for more details.
Program Committee Disclosures
Faculty (speaker) disclosures are available on the ASM Microbe 2022 mobile app.
Disclosure of Unlabeled UseTFF and ASM require CME faculty (speakers) to disclose when products or procedures being discussed are off-label, unlabeled, experimental, and/or investigational, and any limitations on the information that is presented, such as data that are preliminary, or that represent ongoing research, interim analyses, and/or unsupported opinion. Faculty in this activity may discuss information about pharmaceutical agents that are outside of US Food and Drug Administration approved labeling. This information is intended solely for continuing medical education and is not intended to promote off-label use of these medications. TFF and ASM do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications. If you have questions, contact the Medical Affairs Department of the manufacturer for the most recent prescribing information.
ASM Microbe 2022 DisclaimerTFF and ASM present this information for educational purposes only. Faculty who have been selected because of recognized expertise in their field provide the content. Participants have the professional responsibility to ensure that products are prescribed and used appropriately based on their own clinical judgment and accepted standards of care. TFF and ASM assume no liability for the information herein.